What is Contract Administration?
Contract Administration is a role that requires a competent and experienced practitioner and is needed on any project where there is a contract in place between a contractor and a customer.
It's the Contract Administrator’s role to ensure that all parts of the contract are adhered to by both parties ensuring that any changes to the brief etc, are controlled and managed under the rules laid down.
What will Easton Bevins do?
Easton Bevins have vast experience in acting as Contract Administrators both in projects where we have been involved in the design and where we have had no previous involvement in the project.
Easton Bevins will undertake a fully comprehensive role that includes:
- Pre-construction procurement
- Site meetings with the Client and Contractor
- Monitoring the progress and reviewing the standard of work
- Monitoring the project budget and onsite construction cost
- Authorising payments by assessing the amount of work carried out
- Issuing variations to the contract
- Issuing completion certificates for the works
What are the benefits of Contract Administration?
- Clear management of the contract
- Experienced Surveyors to help mitigate problems
- One line of communication between the client and contractor
- Quality control ensuring a high standard
- Reduced responsibility and pressure on the client
What is the cost of Contract Administration?
All costs will depend on the size and nature of the construction project.
For further information please feel free to contact us at the Bristol Office